5.30.2012

Day 46: Paranormal Activity

It happened. We were contacted by the other side. Kind of.

Last night we were watching the Spurs, when I had a little after dinner craving. I slipped over to the kitchen to cut myself a slice of the Blueberry Lemon Sparkle I made for Memorial Day. I had just placed the cake pan on the surface by the stove when my senses where overcome with a very powerful cologne smell. The scent was musky and thick, the exact opposite of the citrus pie that I was cutting into. I looked around for a source, but to no avail. I was about to ask Breck if he knew what was going on, but just then I heard my phone buzz. I grabbed my phone (and my dessert) and retired back to the couch without saying anything.

It wasn't five minutes later that I heard Breck start to take deep breaths.
"Are you wearing a new perfume?" He asked, looking over at me.
"No..." I replied warily, "Do you smell some?"
"Yeah, it's really strong," he continued to look around for the source, even grabbing my wrist to make sure. "It smells like grandma perfume."

Immediately spooked, I told him about the mysterious cologne in the kitchen. He just laughed at me, "Come on! What? Do you think we are being haunted by a couple of spirits, lovers in a past life who are reuniting in our living room??"

Then, across the room, the door to our bedroom slammed shut.

Yes dear, that is EXACTLY what I think. I was behind him in an instant, pushing him to go confront the spirits that he had obviously just offended.

He steeled himself and walked forward, the floor boards creaking ominously as he approached the door. He slowly reached towards the knob, then stopped. Without warning he turned, an eery grin spreading across his face. "I can feel it now." he said tonelessly.
"Feel what??" I asked, not certain I wanted to know the answer...

"The AC just turned on, it must of pushed the door shut." (Cue huge sigh of relief that my husband wasn't possessed.)

With further inspection we discovered that the strong cologne scent disseminated when I squeezed the cake pan down on Breck's new tube of face lotion. (He wasn't too happy about that.)

The perfume was caused by my phone. Last weekend I was trying on different perfumes. The few I liked, I sprayed on sampler paper and put in my purse for safe keeping. When I heard my phone buzz, I had taken it from its spot in my purse, pressed against those samples, and put it right under Breck's nose.

What are the chances?

In other news... HAVE YOU SEEN THIS YET???
If that doesnt sell you, look at the cast here. I LOVE the story of Les Miserables. Breck and I actually saw the musical at the start of the year


My only suggestion is to BUY the soundtrack TODAY. Memorize the music. You will do it eventually so you might as well get started. They should give the movie all of the next years Oscars... today.

7 comments:

  1. Ok this story had me laughing do hard!!! I can see this playing out as I read it!!! Hahahahahahaa love you guys!! Xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent beat ! I would like tο apprenticе while you amend youг site, how
    сan і subscribе for a weblog web site?
    The acсount helped me а approprіate deal.
    I were а littlе bit familiar of this your broadcast proviԁed ѕhiny transpaгent idеa

    Here is my web page: 888 Poker Promotions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I useԁ to be ablе tο find gooԁ advicе from your
    content.

    My wеbρage ... Www.turktour.no

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whаt's up to all, it's in fact a fastiԁious for me to go
    to see this web site, it includеs useful Informatiоn.


    Also viѕit my web site - kara.or.ke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right noω it looks like Wordpress is the prеfеrred bloggіng
    platfoгm аvaіlable rіght
    nоw. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Feel free to surf to my blog :: HomeSite ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its not my first time to visit thіs sіte, i am visiting this website
    dailly anԁ gеt nice infоrmatiοn fгom here dаily.


    Also νisit my blog: RPMPokеr Promotiοns ()

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ӏ'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both eԁucatiѵe and engаging, anԁ let me tеll
    you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something concerning this.

    Feel free to visit my site 888 Poker Bonus :: ::

    ReplyDelete