5.25.2012

Day 32-38: Autocorrect

Most everyone has had a run in with their autocorrect system. If you haven't, here are some of my favorite incidences so you can appreciate how truly hilarious it can be:

If you are a responsible adult like me, you are usually texting while driving or under your desk at work, so a few mistakes here and there are understandable. But lately, I've felt like my speech has an autocorrect filter.

Yesterday was a great example. I was at work, speaking to a tech rep from one of our schools. It's often hard to decipher letters over the phone so I was trying to clearly spell out a username, "Yes, that's E-as in Elephant, L- as in Lion, P- as in Papilloma"

PAPILLOMA??!

Why on earth was I thinking of the genital warts disease? (Not for the obvious reason I assure you.) I was on the animal track, why couldn't I of said Penguin or Puma or Panda? I'm sure if I was given the ink blot test I would be deemed psychologically insane because the strangest words pop into my head.

Now that I think about it, I've secretly always wanted to take one of those tests. I wonder if they have them on the internet... let me ask Google.

Yep! Try it for yourself at theinkblot.com, www.inkblottest.com, or www.youtube.com/watch?v=76UXSdUVuLk.

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that I thoroughly enjoy every one of your posts. Who knew a blog about a mortuary would be so funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah...wait do you have an iPHone?? love this post.

    ReplyDelete