Today Breck had a big test. He wanted to get to get to school early, but couldn't find his truck keys. He looked in the normal places, like the key bowl and his pockets, and then the not-so-normal places, like the refrigerator and the bathroom.
Flummoxed, he retraced his steps... yesterday was Sunday so he hadn't left the house (that was me letting my mom know that we totally keep the Sabbath day holy), that meant the Saturday grocery trip was the last time he had driven anywhere. (Every time we bring our groceries in, it's the same routine; I load up with as many bags as I can, take the keys, and get up the stairs to open the door for him.) Breck opened the door, and jingle, jingle there hung the keys, right were I left them! We must have honest neighbors. Or no one wanted the truck with the Jabba the Hut hole punched in the side.
It's official! Utah has cast it's curse. Let me explain.
Qualities of our first apartment in Utah:
1. It was in Provo, UT, AKA Mormon headquarters, USA.
2. It was always freezing no matter what the thermostat claimed.
3. It smelled weird so we had candles going 24/7.
4. It had no washer/dryer hook-up so we had go to the laundromat.
5. Something was wrong with the toilet so if you didn't flush it exactly right it would run.
6. Half the electrical outlets didn't work, so I always had to blow dry my hair in the kitchen.
Things that happened in our apartment just this weekend:
1. It was General Conference, so we felt super Mormony.
2. It dropped a good 20 degrees overnight while all our windows were open.
3. Something died somewhere and made our apartment smell awful, so we had a trip to BBB for some Yankee Candle Company goodness (Someone explain to me how our wedding gift card to that place STILL has money on it!)
4. The heating unit in out dryer broke so we had to go to the laundromat.
5. Our toilet handle broke off (WHAT?) and so if you don't lift and press at the right time, it just runs.
6. The top outlets in our room stopped working.
All in ONE weekend. Utah is flipping me off so hard right now.