10.24.2012

Peter Pan Syndrome

Today, I realized Sean Connery hasn't been in a movie for almost 10 years! I was raised watching all the old Bond movies, so that little factoid made me feel particularly old. To offset that, I built this awesome fort in my living room.
Breck is still at school... ummm surprise!

A friend contacted me about selling my custom shoes in a store he is opening in SLC! Right now, I'm making 6 display shoes to see how it goes. I finished my first pair earlier this week:
It's R2D2 from Star Wars if you can't tell. For variety, I'm planning on doing:
1. Sports team shoe
2. Super Mario Brothers
3. The Beatles
4. American themed
5. Harry Potter (duh!)
Whadya think? Is that is a good mix? I'm trying to attract a wide range of people in just six shoes, so it you can think of anything else, let me know!

Oh! I finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
I was told this was a book about building a church, so I was pleasantly surprised! It's an epic tale of saints and sinners that will leave you punching your pillow and then doing little jigs. I'll also say this, this book has one of the top three villains in any book I've ever read. Pretty much every time he is mentioned, you need to skip a few pages.

Last thing, but one that I need the most help with! I am sick of my make up. I feel like I am in a rut! I've been saving up, and my plan is to throw everything out and walk into Sephora/Dillard/Nordstroms/MAC and have one of the pro's just tell me what to do and buy! Here is my question... WHAT BRAND SHOULD I GO TO??? Any suggestion would be very appreciated!

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great variety of shoes; my thought of what's missing was "something pretty," or even something more generic. Those are all cool ideas, but they appeal to different kinds of particular geeks. It's probably fair to say that it's impossible to cover everyone in just 6 shoes, but that's one thought. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg duh! I knew I was missing something... ladies are half the population after all!!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I would love a vintage pair of lace...they'd be awesome...not sure how you'd do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brielle! I'm loving Urban Decay's eyeshadow palette called Naked. It's awesome for everyday makeup. And Garnier Fructis BB Cream. It is cheap and lasts forever and doesn't feel or look like you've caked on foundation. Those are my faves right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um what???! Garnier Fructis has make-up products? I know nothing!! And I love that Urban Decay collection! I actually used it on my wedding day!

      Delete
  4. Love that you are selling your shoes! You're amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says world traveler Emily! Holy cow girl! You are always in some new, fun place! So jealous of all your adventures!

      Delete
  5. I just hear that MAC is amazing, it lasts forever, it is perfect coverage, you can do so much with it, and it stays on and keeps you looking fresh! If I had the money, I would only ever buy MAC. Plus my bff Ixchel works for MAC and has trillions of products and swears by them. But whatever you go with you will always be gorg! love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chels, you always look flawless! I loved that story about your maintenance team! Thanks for the advice... and come visit Texas so I can see you!

      Delete