12.29.2013

Resolution Review

Can't make new resolutions without revisiting last years list! Verdict?

1. Did I follow the carb cycle? Sure, for about a month before I remembered how freaking amazing baked goods are. 
I also tried Paleo and quickly realized there is a good reason why the human race graduated from being cavemen.

2. Budgeting habits? Well... we still don't have a dresser. But I AM getting better at saving and budgeting! I'm going to say this is the one that I actually did alright on. 

3. Ten minutes a day for scriptures and journaling. Let's not talk about it... my mom reads this blog. 

4. Hmmm... random acts of kindness. I wanted to do twelve and I remember doing 2. Unless you count the time I ran down a homeless guy to give him a pizza and he said he didn't like pizza. The real question there is WHO DOESN'T LIKE PIZZA?

Everyone likes pizza. Jennifer Lawrence likes pizza,

TMNT likes pizza, 

Zac Efron loves the pizza,

even Stanley likes pizza and Stanley is a curmudgeon. 
My only theory is that perhaps the man was not homeless and was too nice to tell me. 

5.  Reading an educational book each month. Well, a quick look at my Bookshelf tab will show you I haven't strayed far from sci fi/fantasy. So I like magic, kill me.  If I ever come face to face with a dragon or a Chandrian,  I'll find myself very highly educated thank you very much. I have read about 30 books this year so maybe that evens it out. 

Better luck this year!

1 comment:

  1. We didn't get a dresser until a little after our 2nd anniversary. I like to think of it as a sign of thriftiness and wise spending, but, well, we all know better.

    ReplyDelete