1.10.2013

Resolutions

Listen to this:

"I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe, and that makes it right."
- Hushpuppy, Beasts of the Southern Wild


New Years Resolutions:

1. Stick to the 7 day carb cycle.
So I did two things that made me want to actually change my eating habits forever. I watched this movie (available on Netflix)
And I read this book
Directly after doing that, I walked over to my kitchen, threw most everything out, and started fresh. Since, I haven't eaten or had the desire to eat/drink fast food, soda, candy, baked goods, ice cream, pizza etc. If you are looking for eating habits that are manageable and don't leave you hungry, cranky, and hating the world, I seriously recommend at least reading the book.

2. Learn and establish budgeting habits.
I spend money on all the wrong things. AKA going to the movie theaters twice a week instead of buying the furniture we desperately need! (Breck's dresser is a large suitcase.) I ordered this book and I'm hoping I can make over my money spending habits.


3. Set aside at least 10 minutes a day of scripture reading or writing in a journal.
How embarrassing is it that I still stink at doing this?

4. Each month participate in a random act of kindness.
I'm excited for this one! If you haven't read about the 35th Birthday experiment, It will definitely put you in a good mood. Read it here.


5. Read one educational book a month.
This month is
So far it's really, really boring. Just give me The Hunger Games or something!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these resolutions! And I'm in the same boat with money and food! It makes it easier to live in NYC in all honesty most grocery stores have gigantic health sections that I get lost in looking for cheese puffs. Some book recommendations: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan and Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer; And a good documentary is Forks over Knives. Contrary to this post I have a life outside of eating...kind of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous of your NYC adventures! I love Forks Over Knives, but I am going to have to look into those suggestions Especially the one by Jonathan Safran Foer, I've enjoyed his other books!

      Delete
  2. Glen says: I deserve a shout out because I'm pretty sure I told you about that soundtrack!

    Nicole says: Glen is a whiner. Also, we use the app called Mint and it has really helped us budget! You set your budgets for categories (groceries, entertainment, bills etc.) for the month and you can refer to it at anytime and it will show you if you are "on track" for the month or not. It has helped us! But good luck! All of these sound like great goals! Let me know how the dieting goes, I will need some help in a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit to Glen! Have you seen the movie yet? It's at Redbox!

      I have seen Mint before but never really used it! I'm definitely to set something up for us! Thanks :)

      Delete