1.20.2013

$20 Office Makeover

After the first week of work, I've decided I need to make my desk more personalized. The room I'm in is already bright with natural light and has a fun orange wall, but my desk is a little stark compared to my neighbors.

On a budget of $20 this is what I came up with.
Some wall quotes. These are the easiest things in the entire world and super cheap, each one of these cost $1 to make. You don't even have to have good handwriting. Just pick a quote and loop your letters to fill the space. (Also for all you walking spell checkers, I realize I'm missing an apostrophe, I added it after the picture.)
An initial and a clip board for my daily to do list. Again, the hardest thing about this is waiting for the modgepodge to dry. These cost about $1.50 a piece.
Some picture frames.
And of course, I use bunting for everything. It's an easy way to fill a huge space for the price of paper and string. I got this paper from Hoblob, and it's the best pack I've ever bought! I spent $15 for the pack, and still have 40+ sheets to use and expand on what I've done so far.




Also, I found this card while I was looking for supplies.
"If I could hug you with eight arms without totally freaking you out... I would."

2 comments:

  1. You're so creative Brielle! I might have to try that wall quote canvas - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting wall quotes is one of the most convenient and cheapest decorations to make your office look more personalised. Glad you emphasized it on your post.

    ReplyDelete