11.14.2012

Roadtrip Recap

Breck and I road tripped up to Arkansas this weekend for some family fun! We listened to Harry Potter the whole time, I don't think I can explain how happy I get when Breck laughs appreciatively at the wonderful wit of Ms. Rowling. My heart explodes into thousands of freed house elves. (The sort that like being freed.)
Geeking out.

Alright so Arkansas was a blast. The first night we went to see Wreck it Ralph with Breck's little sister. It filled us with all sorts of "honeyglow"! Seriously, it's adorable and hilarious and the Disney short at the beginning is precious. Go see it or you're a total glitch.

The next morning we were up bright and early for the The Color Run. It's kind of like Hare Krishna, but you have to run 3 miles to get to the party. We "ran" the race with our good friends Karl & Angela who put up with my strange tendency to sprint away like a maniac whenever people started to crowd. (That's what happens when a fun day at your Grandpa's ranch turned into a run of death run when the cows stampeded. Running in crowds tends to make you anxious.)


Later that night, we went to the reception of the girl who bought my wedding dress! It was a beautiful affair and it was really just the greatest thing to see the dress be apart of another special day! Janeen looked stunning and I was so pumped to finally meet her face to face!

Seeing family is so refreshing, and makes me so grateful that we live close enough to have weekend trips!

And, as promised here is a link to check out the shoes I painted this past month. I'm redoing my website, so please excuse the rest of the pages!

THANKSGIVING IS NEXT WEEK!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see Wreck It Ralph!! I laugh so hard in just the previews. I am jealous you spent the weekend in Arkansas! What area were you in? Eric and I lived in Bentonville the summer after we got married. It's a beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete