6.17.2012

Day 68-70: Garage Sale

First I'll cover the details. We are moving because:
1. My job asked me to be their Texas representative.
2. We miss being close to family (moving to the Dallas will make either Conway or San Antonio just a 5 hour trip away!)
3. Breck promised me that if we moved, I could have a puppy.

Obviously, the third option was the driving force behind the decision.

How does this affect our situation with the Mortuary? We were really nervous to bring it up bossman (i.e. Breck was nervous because there was no way that I was going to do it.) However, much to our relief, they were very understanding and civil. We will be staying here until they can find another suitable couple. Am I allowed to keep the blog name?

So back to moving! If ANYONE is familiar with the Plano/Carrolton/Richardson area in North Dallas could you give me advice on decent apartment complexes? Apartment hunting from a different state is a nightmare. You'll find an apartment like this:

And it will have decent ratings (anything above 50% is pretty solid)

But then the comments will include pictures like this:

Like I said, NIGHTMARE.

So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Before we leave, we are going to try and sell anything bigger than a suitcase. Sad for us but awesome for anyone needing some new furniture! Here are some of the things we are interested in selling. If you see anything to your fancy, let me know!

First lot: Our BRAND new couch. Maybe 2 months old. Gray microfiber, no stains or smells, and very comfortable!

2. Our BRAND new desk. No scratches or scuffs, probably been sat at 3 times.

3. End table, and maybe that Lamp if we don't have room.

4. My favorite piece of furniture. It's a coffee table, but Breck forces me to use it as a TV stand. Very sturdy and it has so much character!

5. Table with 4 chairs. It's a light wood and a very dark green. Great for newlyweds!

6. Two bar stools.

7. Audrey Hepburn. Glossy mount, great condition.

8. Antique gold frame. Okay these sell for like a billion dollars at antique stores and have all sorts of potential! It doesn't go with my "theme" so I'll give someone else a killer deal.

9. Antique, gold-gilded world map.

10. Craft Keeper (Excuse my mess)

11. Fancy room divider.

12. My car! 2002 Mercury Cougar, leather seats, sunroof, great little engine, 95600 miles. (Bossman says I need something that gets 35+ in the city!)

Let me know if you are interested! We don't have solid prices, but we will probably err on the cheaper side just to get rid of it all!

P.S. Can ANYONE get through The Blind Side without crying? Holy cow, I've had to break from writing this post 3 times for tissues!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for moving to Texas! Ask Kirstin for apartments in Plano but oh my goodness I just love the area you are moving to! Of course you know I'm from McKinney which is near Plano. What kind of puppy are you getting? So excited for yall's new adventure! Oh and I totally bawl during The Blind Side! Love that movie. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah Woah Woah- Texas Rep!!! That's incredible...you are the perfect woman for the job. I can't wait to hear...Read all about it. That will be such a fun adventure for you guys. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brielle, I have hereby awarded you with the Liebster blog award. Go check my most recent post to see and accept your blog award :)

    ReplyDelete