2.26.2013

Vitamins

BONJOUR GOOD PEOPLE!

Are y'all addicted to Buzzfeed.com yet?? I check it more than I check Fbook. And they always have the latest on my biggest girl crush, JLaw:
That dress! Could someone be more perfect???
No. No one.

*Spoiler Alert!*
Also, so sad about my other girl crush AshLee getting sent home on The B last night!!! I loved her reaction though because it's exactly how I would react. "Oh you don't want this? You crazy, I'm leaving."
My money is on Catherine now. Lindsay looks like she's got some serious crazy potential.

Who does this??

Alright, alright. we need to talk. There are going to be a lot of words and not a lot of pictures and I know that's totally not blog code. But this is serious. Pay attention.

Last week I was feeling pretty nasty. I was going to bed at 9:30 everyday and still waking up exhausted. Breck would try to get me to go out with him (he even used ice cream incentive!) but I could NOT muster the energy to leave the house after work. Plus, looking in the mirror was like torture! My skin was ghastly white and I'm having weird acne problems, my eyes looked dull, and my hair looked like 4-day old dish water.

My visiting teachers (ladies from church) were over and they totally noticed. They were pretty much like, "Brielle, you look like a pile of poo and you need to get some sun." I laughed it off but they were 100% positive I was having a serious case of seasonal depression.

Now, if you are imagining my visiting teachers as being frumpy ladies with relief society arms and bad mom hair cuts, WRONG. One is the biggest MILF I've ever seen in my life. She is this South African babe who teaches boot camp at Lifetime Gym and looks like she is 21 even though she has a 17 year old. The other is this super successful genius lady who makes Bill Gates look like he still lives in his moms basement. So when these ladies give you some advice, you treat it like one of the ten commandments.

They told me I needed to be taking vitamins to offset the obvious lack I was experiencing. At first I was like... hellllllloooo, I'm 22 and healthy! Vitamins are for old ladies who are worried about disintegrating. Wrong!!!! Even if your not experiencing seasonal depression, you NEED those vitamins ladies! Especially things like Iron (for your blood loss problem) and Folic Acid (if you want healthy babies in the future).

So they game me some suggestions and I went and got a Multivitamin and a few specialty things and I CANNOT believe the turnaround! Either it's a Jedi mind trick or, more likely, the science behind this stuff works! After 3 days of pills:
1. My skin cleared up COMPLETELY.
2. My hair is shinier.
3. I have WAY more energy. Instead of falling asleep at 9 last night, I was at the gym!
4. I'm in a much better mood!

Moral of the story: TAKE THOSE VITAMINS FOR A PRE SUMMER HIGH!
I got 200 tablets for $16 at Target.

Also, do your visiting teaching. It saves lives.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post! So glad your VT-ers saved you! The vitamin thing sounds like a great idea. I should probably start taking some more vitamins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I think I'm going to try this. Seasonal depression is serious shiz! Hope your boost continues until springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, as long as your words aren't fluffy or fake, it's COMPLETELY AWESOME to have more words than pictures. Especially when the words come from you and your kick ass self. Okay, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete