2.09.2013

Happy Joy 3

Every time I say/hear the word "happiness", this scene comes to mind:
Comedic gold brought to you by the Beverly Hillbillies.

Things I am happy about:

1. My best friend Kirstin recommended we watch House of Cards (Netflix original series) and I am so happy she did! We watched the first episode last night and ended up dragging our mattress to the living room and watching 3 more hours of it. Right now I am not-so-patiently waiting for Breck to get home so we can continue binging.


2. Our dryer broke a few months ago and we have been enduring trips to the laundromat. Or... Breck has. (He washes, I fold. Go team!) We finally caved and bought one, and it is beauty in appliance form.
Granted, it looks like we gave our laundry room half a boob job... but oh, it is love.

3. I probably listen to 3 audio books a week (BEST way to stay happy at work and in traffic!) But the process to get them all on my iPod is such a drag! Bing, bang MIRACLE - my library just started offering Playaway, which is an iPod sized audio book that you can take anywhere you go.
Genius!

4. I was head hunted this week! What the what? I didn't take the job because #1 I love what I'm doing now and #2 I really love what I'm doing now, but come on, it's always nice to be wanted!

5. Have I ever mentioned we are Grade A window shoppers? We have scoured the racks of most malls in our area but just yesterday we made it to the Galleria here in Dallas. HOLY WOW.
Yeah... that's four floors with an ice skating rink in the middle. It. Is. Paradise. We spent 2 hours there and didn't make it to the second floor! It made us:
Also, how cool is this??


Thing I am mad about:

1. I am allergic to my apartment. I swear, I've never even had allergies before this week! Now, my make-up is cried/rubbed off within 10 minutes of walking in the door and I CAN'T STOP SNEEZING. HOW DO I FIX THIS???

6 comments:

  1. Buy new makeup...:)
    I think I took you to the Galleria when you were very little...but when I come up next time I want to go skating there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the trailer for HoC, I knew it was the show for you two! I will take my payment in the form of your Netflix... K thnks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I grew up with Krysta Horton Boyd and now I follow your blog and your Instagram. Super stalker, sorry! ANYWAY, I think you are hilarious and adorable. And I am stuck in my car a lot commuting to school and wish to have more audiobooks in my life. Can you teach me your secrets? Did you pay for the books before you found the library deal? Please and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl I know how that goes! I'm in the car for ten hours every week and if it wasn't for book tapes I'm 100% positive I would of intentionally rammed someone by now! I never never never pay for them because libraries are a gold mine! When I first started, I just picked ones up that I thought looked good, but now I am using the reservation system and it saves a bunch of time. I'll go to B&N and take pictures of the books I want to read, then go home and request them on the library site. They will hold it for you once it becomes available!

      Delete