8.12.2012

East Coast Girls Are Also Cool

What a week! I will sum it up with this: Our stress levels equal this much ice cream.
(Yes that is our fridge, no we are not having an Ice Cream party.)

Anyway, amidst my passionate rant at the KSL lady, I forgot to give the proper highlight to our awesome Ellsworth family reunion.

We did A LOT. But how many times can you look at the same couple posing in front of various landscapes and monuments and still be entertained? Those pictures are all on facebook if you want them, but here are some of the stories:

Sure we went to parks and beaches, national memorials and museums... but better than that, we went to Intercourse, PA, aka AMISH COUNTRY.
It was nuts. No power lines, more horses on the streets than cars, and a group of Mormons were the most scandalously dressed people in sight. It was beautiful
And the Grandmas there ride scooter bikes. I'd like GM to come up with a hybrid as gas efficient as that.


One day we went to the beach. Well, not just any beach... we went to Jersey Shore. (If you do not know why that is significant, I like you even more.) Breck is not a big fan of beach swimming (He hid that fact until AFTER we were married) so we decided to stroll up the board walk to find a crab shack.
Atlantic City sure looked a lot closer than it was. After an hour of walking and not finding anything. We jumped in a car with my brother and his wife and started what I like to call, "The Crappy Crab Adventure." Essentially, my brother and his wife (who doesn't even like seafood) were kind enough to drive us around for 2 hours looking for a place to eat. One restaurant had been struck my lightning, one turned out to not even be a seafood place... you get the picture. But when we FINALLY got our plate of delicious crustacean delights... we were happy as clams.


In Philadelphia, we got to run up the "Rocky Steps." See here:


We felt pretty cool

And so did this guy...

One of my favorite days was spent exploring the Mall at Washington DC. It's not a mall full of teenagers and men that smell better than me. It's a Mall of WONDERS.

It may not have had a Genie in a Lamp... but it DID have Harry Potter's 1st year school robes. Which is magic enough for me.

Eventually we had to say our goodbyes and fly home. Of course, even that was an adventure. Like when I announced to everyone sitting in coach that Brody Jenner was sleeping in first class. It was actually just a guy wearing a bedazzled shirt and jeans meant for Christina Aguilera. He also had a cane, which redeems him a tiny bit. You know, the Bruce Wayne factor.

Also, our bag was left behind when we switched flights, so we had to wait at the DFW airport for an extra 3 hours. Joy! They let us back in the terminal for dinner, meaning we had to go back through security. I was collecting my stuff on the other side when the TSA officer told me that I had a hair pin in my shoe. He was right

And THAT is where all your bobby pins go.

We eventually got our suitcase. And lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. This made me have a happier day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg brielle you were in jersey!? i wish i would have known! im like 30 minutes from the beach & atlantic city! how did you like it? no snookis right?!

    ReplyDelete